Following you will find more information about what cookies are, what they are used for, what their objective is and how to configure them or disable them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your electronic device (PC, table, smartphone, etc.) when navigating on a website. Cookies are then sent back to the original website during the next visit, or are sent to another website that is able to recognize that specific cookie. Cookies act as a memory for a website, allowing the website to recognize your device at each following visit to the same site.
Cookies also allow your preference for navigation to be saved, offering you a more functional experience on the site, personalizing the site content as much as possible.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
It depends on who manages them:
- Proprietary Cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal by the computer or dominion managed by www.easymelt.it and from which the service is provided or supplies the information requested by the user.
- Third party Cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal by a computer or dominion that is not managed by www.easymelt.it; rather by a third party that manages that information gathered through the cookies (social networks, search engines, etc.). If the cookies are installed by a computer or domain managed by www.easymelt.it but the information is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered proprietary cookies.
It depends on how long they remain active:
- Session cookies: these cookies are designed to gather and record data during the user’s access of a webpage. Normally they are used to save information to store for performing the service requested by the user in a single access, with a lifetime equal to the single navigation session. They expire when the browser session is closed.
- Persistent Cookies: these cookies remain active on you device for a longer time or until they are manually deleted (the amount of time a cookie remains on your device depends on the “lifetime” of the cookie in question and your browser’s settings).
It depends on their use:
- Technical Cookies: this type of cookie allows some sections of the website to function properly. Always sent from our domain, these are required to view the website properly and based on the technical services offered, are always used and sent, unless the user modifies his/her browser settings (thus invalidating the display of the site’s pages).
- Analytical Cookies: cookies in this category are used to collect information on the use of the website. www.easymelt.it uses this information for anonymous statistical analysis in order to improve use of the website and to make the content more interesting and pertinent to the user’s desires. This type of cookie collects anonymous data regarding the user’s activity and how the user reached the website. Analytical cookies can be sent from the site or from third party domains.
- Analysis cookies by third party services: these cookies are used to collect information about the use of the website by users in anonymous form, such as: pages visited, visit time, source of origin traffic, geographic origin, age, sex, and interests for marketing campaigns. These cookies are sent by third parties external to the website.
- Cookies for integrating products and third-party software functions: this type of cookie integrates functions developed by third parties on the website pages such as the icons and the preferences expressed on the social networks in order to share the content of the site or to use third party software services (like software for map generation and other software that offers additional services). These cookies can be sent from third party domains and/or from partner websites that offer their functions on the website pages.
- Profiling Cookies: these cookies are required to create a user profile in order to send advertisement messages in-li8ne with the preferences shown by the user within the website pages.
According to the current regulations, www.easymelt.it is not required to request permission for technical or analytical cookies as these are necessary to provide the services requested.
For all other types of cookies, the user can give their authorization in one for the following ways:
- Through specific browser configuration or the computer programs used to navigate on the pages that make up the website.
- Through changing the settings when using third-party services.
Both of these solutions can influence the proper operation of some functions present on the website.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The website may have links to other websites that have their own personal data protection policy that may differ from that of www.easymelt.it, who is therefore not liable for these websites.
COOKIES PRESENT ON www.easymelt.it
HOW DO I CONFIGURE OR DISABLE COOKIES?
Most internet browsers are initially set-up to accept cookies automatically. You can change these settings to block cookies or to warn you when cookies are sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to the instruction manual or help page of your browser to find out how to adjust or modify the settings of your browser.
If you disable the cookies used on the www.easymelt.it website, it may influence the proper operation of some functions available on the website.
If you use different devices to display and access the www.easymelt.it website (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you must ensure that each browser on each device is regulated to reflect your preference for cookies.
How to disable cookies when I am setting up my browser?
- Disable cookies using Firefox
- Disable cookies using Chrome
- Disable cookies using Internet Explorer
- Disable cookies using Safari
- Disable cookies using Opera
How to disable third-party service cookies